Dear Colleagues,

The International Internet Preservation Consortium (IIPC)
<https://netpreserve.org/> is pleased to announce the beginning of our
newest collaborative web archive on Street Art, and we would love your
participation. In the spirit of the IIPC, we hope to collect websites about
street art from around the world. For the sake of this collection, we are
using the Getty Art and Architecture definition of street art:
“Contemporary outdoor paintings, drawings, or three-dimensional works on
walls, sidewalks, or street surfaces in public thoroughfares of urban
environments, sometimes intended to draw attention to urban issues.” As far
as the types of websites we would like to collect, independent sites,
personal sites, and/or websites otherwise created by a community of
practice will be prioritized over more institutional efforts to document
street art. We are open to collecting news articles and social media in
moderation. For more information and a fuller description of the collection
scope, please see the Collection Scoping Document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ysydxZ8KzMzHBtcCM5mGRjmtWkeyWXrb73cYCMWSJfE/edit?usp=sharing>
.

Steps for contribution:

   1.

   Read the Collection Scoping Document
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ysydxZ8KzMzHBtcCM5mGRjmtWkeyWXrb73cYCMWSJfE/edit?usp=sharing>
   .
   2.

   Fill out and feel free to share the following public nomination form, it
   should only take a few minutes: https://forms.gle/xugtPAqhxf7gQgmt6.

This collection will be ongoing, lasting at least a year, if not more. We
plan to do our first crawl sometime mid-January. Co-lead curators for this
collection will be Ricardo Basilio (Arquivo.pt) and Miranda Siler (Columbia
University/Ivy Plus Libraries Confederation).

Thank you in advance for your contributions and let us know if you have any
questions!

Best,

Ricardo and Miranda

--