I've been discussing this with my boss also - it's not a platform we use very much so we will probably leave. However, some steps that can be taken in the interim are these:

Download an archive of your tweets - it takes a couple of days.
Change your password and, if possible, enable two-factor authentication (although I've seen reports that TFA is not currently working on the platform due to Musk's changes).
Lock the account so that no-one can DM you, etc.

Some experts have advised deleting all your tweets once you have your archive and then deleting your account. I would not suggest deleting your account as I think you need to protect your corporate identity. Deleting your account would make your handle available to someone else to use. Whilst the number of fake and facsimile account has increased, we don't want to make it easier for the trolls to use.

Once you have your archive of tweets, I have read that you can archive them to the Internet Archive but there are some restrictions around that (apparently only 20 at a time).

Hope that helps.

Catherine

Dr Catherine Kerrigan  :::  Librarian

Monday / Wednesday / Friday

Pronouns ::: she/her

Adelaide Central School of Art ::: PO Box 225 Fullarton SA 5063

7 Mulberry Road Glenside SA 5065 ::: Kaurna Land

(adjacent to the Adelaide Film Studios)

www.acsa.sa.edu.au

South Australia’s Best Art School

Fifth year running

Find out more

2022 Graduate Exhibition

RSVP

Saturday 10 December, 4-6pm

Applications Open for 2023

Image: Julie Harding, 2022. Photo James Field