Call for Posters – Deadline January 20, 2023

The Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) will hold its 51st annual conference, Transformación in Mexico City, Mexico, April 18th – 21st, 2023.

This will be the Society’s first annual conference convened in Mexico and an opportunity to introduce ARLIS/NA to our Mexican colleagues. Mexico City is a global force and cosmopolitan center of visual arts and culture on our continent and home to over 250 museums and a thriving gallery and contemporary art scene. We invite art information professionals from across the continent to transform their relationships with each other, the field, and their practice.

Transformación recognizes the ways we have all been called to shift our thinking as professionals in the past several years in relation to a rapidly changing world contending with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, climate change, war, and the ongoing effort to build a more just and equitable present and future for all. The conference theme Transformación recognizes that as things fall apart, new futures and possibilities emerge, and in Mexico City we will explore together what transformation can look like across all aspects of the profession.

The Mexico City Conference Program Committee invites proposals from library and archives workers, students, scholars, educators, vendors, curators, visual artists and designers to propose posters that reflect the theme Transformación as it relates to the practice of visual arts information and scholarship.

The Program Committee encourages submission that include, but not limited to:

POSTER: A Poster presents an idea through text and images, and communicates the main concept without a presenter. It also facilitates conversations between the presenter and a small audience during scheduled viewing hours. Poster sessions often focus on case studies of completed projects, initiatives, strategies and best practices, or works-in-progress. Sharing ideas and receiving feedback from colleagues in one-on-one conversation are ideal outcomes of a poster session. Presenting a poster can be a good entry point for those new to participating in professional conferences, and can be developed later into presentations or publications.

Note: Poster presenters will be responsible for printing posters and mounting them in the display area at the conference in advance of scheduled viewing times. Panels and basic mounting supplies will be provided.

Additional Details

WORD LIMIT: All proposal abstracts are limited to 250 words or less.

LEARNING OBJECTIVES: You’ll be asked to list 1 learning objective, audience takeaway, or goal for your proposal.

TOPICS: You’ll be asked to select up to 5 topics relevant to your session.

AUDIENCES: You’ll be asked to pick up to 5 target audiences for your session.

How to Submit Poster

Submit your poster via the “Make Submission” link below.

Submission link: https://www.openconf.org/arlisna2023/openconf.php

Please review the entire form before starting to fill it out to ensure you have all the required information.

After submitting your proposal, you will receive an ID number and email confirmation. If you do not receive the email within 24 hours, please contact us by using the Email Chair link above.

The deadline for submitting proposals is January 20th, 2023

Please direct any questions to:

Megan Brouwer, CMP

ARLIS/NA Meeting Planner