Hello ARLISians!

It’s almost time for the Teaching SIG's Winter Meeting and Lightning Round event, which will be held on Thursday, December 1, 2022, from 4 to 5 pm ET (1 to 2 pm PT) on Zoom. This event is open to all ARLIS members! Read on for information about a call for lightning round presenters and registration.

Call for presenters
We are seeking lightning round presenters to give 10-15 minute talks on information and visual literacy, pedagogy, reflective practice, assessment, and/or any other topics of interest to art information professionals who provide instruction in their communities! You do not need to have a finished project or elaborate collaboration to give a lightning talk. Talks on works-in-progress, emerging ideas, and nascent collaborations are very welcome. To pitch a talk,  email [log in to unmask][log in to unmask]and [log in to unmask] with the subject heading “Teaching SIG LT,” and include a working title and short description for your talk.

We have not gotten any proposals for talks yet, so we would really really love to hear your ideas!

Meeting registration
To register for the Winter Meeting and Lightning Round, please use this link: https://uncg.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJItfumsrDgsHtWAjAKKfOQ6RpJ6D6ABLazZ. After you register, you will receive a confirmation with the link to join the Zoom meeting on December 1!

If you encounter any issues with registration, or have any questions about the event, please email me (Maggie Murphy) at [log in to unmask].

--
Maggie Murphy (she/her) | Visual Art & Humanities Librarian
Assistant Professor, University Libraries

UNC Greensboro is a community of learners situated within a network of historical and contemporary relationships with Native American tribes, communities, parents, students, and alumni. I acknowledge that this land has long served as the site of meeting and exchange amongst a number of Indigenous peoples, specifically the Keyauwee and Saura. (Why are land acknowledgments important?)