Apologies for cross-posting

Hello ARLIS/NA,

Art Library Students and New ARLIS/NA Professionals (ArLiSNAP
<http://arlisnap.arlisna.org/>) and Visual Resources Association's Emerging
Professionals And Students Group (VREPS <https://vreps.wordpress.com/>)
invite you to save the date for our 2022 Fall Virtual Conference.

This conference is open to all, but focuses on the needs of students and
new professionals. Attendees interested in art librarianship or visual
resource management will have the opportunity to learn from peers and
celebrate each other's work through virtual posters and presentations. Via
this conference, we're seeking to foster a sense of belonging and growth in
our community, and we invite all interested students and new professionals
to participate.

Our calls for students and new professionals to present in different
sessions are outlined below. If you have any questions in the meantime,
please send an email to ArLiSNAP: [log in to unmask]

SAVE THE DATE
The virtual conference will take place on Saturday, November 5th. The full
program and registration information will be released on the ArLiSNAP blog
<http://arlisnap.arlisna.org/> and VREPS blog
<https://vreps.wordpress.com/2022/09/28/save-the-date-call-for-presenters-for-the-arlisnap-vreps-2022-fall-virtual-conference/>.
To stay up-to-date, subscribe to the ArLiSNAP listserv
<http://arlisnap.arlisna.org/aboutness/listserv/>, follow ArLiSNAP on
Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/arlisnap/>, and check the VREPS blog
<https://vreps.wordpress.com/>.

TIMELINE

   -

   Wednesday, 10/19: Deadline for submissions
   Please submit a form for each session category in which you are
   interested (see below!)
   -

   Rolling basis: All applicants will be informed of the conference team’s
   decision for each submission
   -

   Friday, 10/23: Deadline for selected submissions to accept participation
   in the conference
   -

   Week of 10/31: Technology Check-In / (optional) practice session
   -

   Tuesday, 11/01: Deadline for materials (virtual posters and presentation
   slides)
   -

   Saturday, 11/05: Conference date

SUBMISSION FORM

You are welcome to submit for more than one of the categories below. Please
submit a form for each session category in which you are interested.
https://forms.gle/rKyqaPSeaoitwcFV8

CALL FOR VIRTUAL POSTER PRESENTATIONS:

ArLiSNAP and VREPS welcome proposals from students and new professionals
with an interest in art librarianship or visual resources management to
share newly completed or in-progress projects, be they research or outcomes
from an internship/practicum, at the virtual poster presentation at our
2022 Virtual Conference. This is an opportunity for emerging professionals
to share their work in a supportive and engaging space while connecting
with other students and early career information professionals. Proposals
are open to individual presenters and co-presenters. Virtual posters will
be available for asynchronous browsing by attendees, with a live Q&A for
all presenters during the conference followed by a social hour. Formatting
details will be sent if selected.

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS:

Fresh Eyes 2.0

Following the success of the inaugural Fresh Eyes session during our last
virtual conference, we are bringing the Fresh Eyes session back.

Are you a student or emerging professional who solved a problem for your
school or institution? Did you complete a project during an internship,
suggest a new workflow that helped speed up digitization or researcher
requests, or start an amazing new program for community members? We want to
hear from you!

Students and emerging professionals have the opportunity to bring "fresh
eyes" to an institution. These "fresh eyes" can often add valuable
perspectives, allowing for opportunities to ask questions, make
suggestions, and create new approaches to work that's been done "the way
we've always done it." In the session, speakers will present via lightning
talks case studies detailing how they experienced a workflow or problem,
and how their suggestions and perspectives as students and emerging
professionals helped create a better process or environment. This is a
space for us to celebrate the valuable contributions students and emerging
professionals can bring to an institution.

This session will feature virtual lightning talks of five to seven minutes
from five to six presenters, followed by live Q&A.

CALL FOR STUDENT RESEARCH COLLOQUY:

Do you have an ongoing research project? Are you currently working on a
thesis, dissertation, or paper for your program? If so, we’d love to hear
about it and provide an opportunity for you to get feedback from other
students and professionals in the field while it’s still in progress.

ArLiSNAP and VREPS invite you to share your current research initiatives in
the field of art information and visual resource management.

Proposals can encompass ongoing or in-progress research and writing. This
prompt is purposefully open-ended to encourage a variety of topics.
Presentations from students and new professionals can be solo or
collaborative if you are working with a larger team.

Presenters will provide an overview of their current project, share where
they are at in their process, and where they feel they would like support,
or share any questions that have come up throughout their research or
writing process.

Following the presentations, the session will break out into virtual rooms
organized around each presenter for a smaller group discussion.
Participants can ask questions, offer feedback, and connect with one
another to build a group of support for research and writing.

Please note we will confer with selected presenters if they wish to be
recorded.

We hope to see you there!

Best,

ArLiSNAP/VREPS 2022 Conference Planning Committee

Jessica Craig, Lauren Haberstock, Karissa Hurzeler, Allie Sholten

Jessica Craig
ArLiSNAP 2021-2023 Co-Moderator
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

*ArLiSNAP/NA*