Greetings,

Do you already need a break from the semester?  Ready to travel and see the ocean, art, and listen to inspiring presentations and engaging talks?

There is still time to register to attend the ARLIS/NA Southeast Chapter Annual Conference in Sarasota, Florida! The conference will be held October 19 - 21, 2022. All ARLIS members are welcome.  Register here.<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-Et4a-5m4YomdPIMRgoTQQpNgm1hWJfX55yQHtx6F8k/viewform?edit_requested=true>You can attend the entire conference or choose to just attend one day, which is only $25.

The program <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yRxH1oJD2UcQrzLg7teeafTQyIyQB6DwOrCbMwIZR4A/edit> is packed with tours of the galleries, museums, makerspaces, and special collections/archives at the Ringling College of Art And Design, the Ringling Museum Art Library, and the Sarasota Art Museum. The keynote speaker, artist Jason Lazarus<https://jasonlazarus.com/>, will be speaking to us at the Sarasota Art Museum.

We are also very excited to feature presentations by our colleagues. Leah Sherman, from Florida State University,  will be discussing Art in the Library: Where Local and Library Histories Meet. Alexandra Vargas-Minor, from Ringling College of Art & Design, will be sharing the approach used to establish the archives in From Boxes to Showtime: Founding the Ringling College Archives.

In Making Student Worker Programs Work for Creative Students, Virginia Seymour, from SCAD, shares changes that were made to refresh the Reference Assistant program at her institution. Lee Sorenson, from Duke University, discusses the arrangement and design of the Lilly Library exhibition-catalogs open collection, which might be the only collection organized by browsing of its kind, in Browsing by Design.

Sheila Devaney, from the University of Georgia, reflects on teaching a digital humanities course and becoming a student of digital humanities in her master’s program in Wearing Multiple Hats: An Immersion in Cultural Institutions.

We hope to see you there! And if you are in our chapter and would like to attend the chapter business meeting virtually (and please do!), that is free. Just go ahead and register for that.

Sincerely,

Ann Holderfield
chapter president

Conference Program Planning Committee
Ann Baird, secretary
Ann Holderfield, president [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Kristina Keogh, vice president [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Lindsey Reynolds, past president
Lee Sorensen, treasurer

K. Ann Holderfield, M.A. Ed., M.L.I.S. (she, her, hers)
Research & Instruction Librarian  | USCB Library
Liaison to Departments of  Education and English, the Arts, and Interdisciplinary Studies
102 Sandstone | Beaufort Campus
(843) 521-4126 | Available through chat/video/audio in Microsoft Teams
Schedule a Research Consultation Appointment<https://uscb.libcal.com/appointments/AnnHolderfield>
www.library.uscb.edu<http://www.library.uscb.edu>

Note: Although I have sent this at a time that is convenient for me, it is not my expectation that you read, respond or follow up on this email outside your hours of work.