Dear Joan,

Thank you for sending this. Wherever we met, at a book gathering, at
UCLA, at a conference, at the Getty, the sight of Joan always made me
smile. She was generous, warm, welcoming, kind; I won't exhaust the
thesaurus with trying to list all her admirable qualities. I never
encountered a negative one. Bless her. My true sympathy to her family.

Larry

PS: I think that is Judy Hoffberg in the white behind Joyce in the 2004
photograph.

--
Laurence McGilvery
Member: Antiquarian Booksellers