Dear art librarians,

We have been hunting high and low for the catalog from a Butterfield & Butterfield sale which took place on March 21-22, 1999 under the title “Los Angeles Estate.”  I have seen an ad from the March 21, 1999 LA Times announcing the sale, so I am pretty confident we have the correct date and title information.

It is rare that we can’t find at least a mention of a sale and the catalog in any database or through used book dealers, but this has us stumped. Bonhams, the current owners of the auction house do not have complete records for this time period.

Many thanks,

--Charlotte

Charlotte DonVito

Auction Catalog Librarian