Here are some ideas of collections that might hold physical samples:

The Textile Museum <https://museum.gwu.edu/>

The Sage Collection at Indiana University
<https://eskenazi.indiana.edu/exhibitions/sage-collection/index.html>

National Museum of American History Textile Collection
<https://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/subjects/textiles>

Tatter has an interesting collection <https://www.libib.com/u/tatterblue>
of darning tools with digitized images linked on its website.

The Costume Society of America also has a webpage listing different textile
collections <https://costumesocietyamerica.com/resources/collections/>
across the US and Canada.

*Beth Goodrich*
Librarian
Direct:  612-206-3118

1224 Marshall Street NE, Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN  55413
craftcouncil.org

Sign up here to receive news of the ACC Library & Archives through our
newsletter  <https://www.craftcouncil.org/library-archives/newsletter>

If you value the rich resources available through the ACC Library &
Archives, please consider a donation to the American Craft Council.
<https://www.craftcouncil.org/support>
We champion craft, and we'll continue to do so with your partnership!