Dear ARLIS/NA Colleagues,

I am reaching out to provide clarification on the relationship between membership and participation in groups on the ARLIS/NA Commons. I first want to thank all of the chapters and groups who have transitioned their listservs to the Commons and who have made efforts to shepherd their members to newly established groups on the Commons through ARLIS-L messages. It is great to see Society members embracing the new platform. I appreciate everyone’s help with adoption.

I wanted to take a moment to address some inaccurate information shared in emails on ARLIS-L in the interest of eliminating confusion. Because the ARLIS/NA Commons is considered a benefit of national membership, participation in discussion groups established on the ARLIS/NA Commons is reserved for ARLIS/NA members. Individuals are not able to join groups established on the ARLIS/NA Commons by joining the Humanities Commons network as suggested in recent chapter communications. To join a group, one needs to join the ARLIS/NA Commons using the same email address used for ARLIS/NA membership. Chapters are free to establish alternate methods of communication that best suit their needs. Please see the Commons Update email sent in July for additional information.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have about joining and participating in the Commons. As use of the Commons increases, its value to the Society will also grow.

Thanks,

Meredith

Meredith Hale
ARLIS/NA Commons Manager