A look into the origins of color reveals a direct tie to geography. What
minerals, plants, and animals were/are available in that region to make
pigments from?

By researching what natural pigments are used even today in colors we can
discover where these materials come from: For instance, blue colors:
Cobalt, Indigo, Lapis and then see how the older local cultures with easy
access to them (or trade routes connecting them) used them in art and
textiles.

Fun fact: purple from the purple snail was the rarest of colors which is
why it is not used on any national flag - not enough to color all the
banners even a tiny nation would need to fly at all the official places.....

Hope this gives a lead students can track....

Talor

---

*Talor Stewart, Architect*
(802) 379-9867 Vermont