Hello ARLIS/NA friends!

Stephanie Beene and I are interested in organizing a pre-coordinated panel for ARLIS/NA 2023 that would explore intersections between artificial intelligence (AI) and art and visual media librarianship. Potential topics include, but are definitely not limited to:
We would love this panel to include speakers with a range of functional expertise across art and visual media librarianship, as well as feature perspectives different from our own. We also invite those with interest in or ideas about this topic but do not yet have concrete case studies/finished projects from their own work to get in touch! If you would like to be involved, email Maggie Murphy ([log in to unmask]) and Stephanie Beene ([log in to unmask]) by August 1. (Please include us both on your email!)

Very best,
Maggie

Maggie Murphy (she/her)
Assistant Professor, Visual Art & Humanities Librarian
Liaison to the School of Art, Weatherspoon Art Museum, and Departments of Interior Architecture, Philosophy, Religious Studies, History, and Languages, Literatures & Cultures

UNC Greensboro is a community of learners situated within a network of historical and contemporary relationships with Native American tribes, communities, parents, students, and alumni. I acknowledge that this land has long served as the site of meeting and exchange amongst a number of Indigenous peoples, specifically the Keyauwee and Saura. (Why are land acknowledgments important?)