Hello everyone!

This year the Texas-Mexico Chapter and the 2023 Conference Planning Advisory Committee are excited to be combining for a joint meeting in Mexico City, August 8-11, 2022.

All ARLIS members are welcome to attend! It is a phenomenal way to familiarize yourself with Mexico City in advance of the 2023 Conference by visiting museums and libraries in the city and getting to know the conference space and neighborhood better.

I am so excited to announce that registration is now open: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/arlisna-texas-mexico-2023-chapter-meeting-mexico-city-tickets-365954007287

Registration costs are $70 USD for ARLIS members who reside in the U.S. and $35 USD for Mexico residents, retirees, students, and guests of ARLIS members.

The trip in August will also be hosted at the 2023 ARLIS/NA conference hotel - the Hilton Mexico City Reforma. Once you register, we will send a link to make hotel reservations with the ARLIS/NA group rate ($135 per night + taxes).

A more detailed itinerary and travel guide will be available shortly on the Texas-Mexico chapter website: https://texas-mexico.arlisna.org/annual-meetings/The basic itinerary is as follows:

Monday, 8/8

-Arrival day for many attendees

-Welcome happy hour or dinner

Tuesday, 8/9

 -Hotel and conference space tour in AM

-Conference Planning Advisory Committee Meeting in AM

-Museum tours in afternoon

-Chapter-sponsored dinner (location to be determined, but we have a great place in mind!)

Wednesday, 8/10

-Research Roundtable presentations in AM

-Museum tours in afternoon

Thursday, 8/11

-Departure day for many attendees

Travel notes:

If you plan on coming, make sure your passport is up to date!

COVID testing is no longer required for re-entry to U.S. (as of Sunday, 6/12 https://www.washingtonpost.com/transportation/2022/06/10/covid-testing-requirement-ends/).

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please reach out to me!

Thank you,

Helen

Helen Lueders

2022 ARLIS/NA Texas-Mexico Chapter President

713.353.1542

Helen Lueders

Kitty King Powell Library and Study Center

Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens

713.353.1542