*New Issue*We are thrilled to announce the release of the Spring 2022 issue
of *Trans Asia Photography. *Our first issue with Duke University Press,
this issue explores the meanings of the third key word in the journal's
title: "Photography."
<http://transasiaphotography.org/>

*N**OW AVAILABLE: "PHOTOGRAPHY," VOL.12, NO.1 (SPRING 2022)
<https://transasiaphotography.org/>*

*"Photography”: An Introduction*

*Deepali Dewan*
------------------------------
*Articles*

*Photographing the Invisible: Immortal Spirit Photography and China’s
En(light)enment*

*Menglan Chen*

*Daubing Titipu: Transnational Material Contexts of 19th-Century
Hand-Coloured Photography in Japan*

*Rahul Sharma*

*The Feedback and Noise of Komatsu Hiroko’s Photographic Materialities*

*Franz Prichard*
------------------------------
*Portfolio*

*Toward Understanding the Photogenic New Citizen: Performance in Vernacular
Photography from the Early Turkish Republic, 1920s-1940s*

*Özge Baykan Calafato*
------------------------------
*Reviews*

*Playing with Photographs*

*Rashmi Viswanathan*

*When the Archive Becomes a Movement*

*Haely Chang*
------------------------------

We hope that you enjoy the latest issue and invite you to share it with
your networks.

Sincerely,

*Deepali Dewan*
Royal Ontario Museum & University of Toronto

*Yi Gu*
University of Toronto

*Thy Phu*
University of Toronto