Greetings,

As previously mentioned in the ARLIS/NA 51st Annual Conference invitation, the ARLIS Texas-Mexico Chapter Fall meeting will be held in-person in Mexico City, Mexico this year. We invite all members from the ARLIS/NA Society to join us August 8-11, 2022. Research Roundtable presentations will be held on Wednesday August 10, 2022. This event provides a time for colleagues to share projects and research they’ve worked on this past year. We would love to hear from you!

Deadline for presentation proposals (see more details below) is Wednesday, June 22. This year we will continue the option of presenting shorter Lightning Round presentations. For more in-depth descriptions:

Lightning Round: Presentations are roughly 5 min in length and can be more informal. Share specific concepts you are excited about, your role in a larger project, personal research that isn’t fully fleshed out, helpful tips n tricks for work, your experience as an intern or early-career librarian role, etc.

Research Roundtable: Presentations are around 15 min in length and are usually more traditional in presentation style. Share more granular details of major projects, updated workflows and best practices, DEIA work within your library space, research, etc.

Please submit your name, a title and abstract of the presentation, type of presentation (roundtable or lightning), and institutional affiliation to Kate Alleman ([log in to unmask]) by end of business day, Wednesday, June 22. Accepted presenters will be notified by end of day Thursday, June 30.

Visit the chapter meeting website (http://texas-mexico.arlisna.org/annual-meetings/) for further details. More details are coming soon!

Thank you!

KATE ALLEMAN (she/her)

Associate Librarian

DMA
Email: [log in to unmask] | Office: 214-922-1807
Dallas Museum of Art | 1717 N. Harwood St. | Dallas TX 75201

*The DMA has reopened! For information about planning your next in-person visit, including hours, ticketing, and our new health and safety protocols to help ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, learn more here.