Hello Arlisians,

This is being posted on behalf of my colleagues Milliicent Fullmer and Sara
Schumacher. If you have any questions about it, you may contact them at

Survey follows:

Dear colleagues,

Do you work primarily with visual collections (acquisitions, digitization,
metadata/cataloging, database management, collection development, curation,
instruction, outreach, preservation, digital scholarship, and rights and
intellectual property) in colleges/universities, galleries, libraries,
museums, archives, and other cultural heritage institutions? We invite you
to participate in a survey about the visual canon and biases in
collections. The purpose of this research is to gather perspectives about
the visual canon and bias in collections from visual resources
professionals.

The survey will take 10-15 minutes to complete.

*How will your responses be kept private?*

You may choose to remain anonymous in this survey built with Qualtrics. To
protect your confidentiality identifiers will be removed from the data at
the end of the study. However, we cannot guarantee the privacy of data
transmitted via the internet.

*Informed Consent*. Starting the survey indicates that you understand the
nature of your participation and that you freely and voluntarily grant your
consent. You are free to skip any questions, and you may withdraw at any
time before you submit the survey. If you skip questions, we will use the

If you wish to participate, please click the link below:

https://usd.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3a6mrY7DZzJzLdI
<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fusd.qualtrics.com%2Fjfe%2Fform%2FSV_3a6mrY7DZzJzLdI&data=05%7C01%7CSara.Schumacher%40ttu.edu%7Cf60edb11bb78453c168808da4afbd5fc%7C178a51bf8b2049ffb65556245d5c173c%7C0%7C0%7C637904742731362982%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=7x2iP3RIPXz2kWNbwvcuNXchJVi9Y1YMa8OMVtvsR5U%3D&reserved=0>

The survey will close on July 15, 2022.

If you have any questions, please contact Sara Schumacher (
[log in to unmask]) or Millie Fullmer ([log in to unmask]). You may
also contact the Human Research Protection Program at Texas Tech University
for any questions regarding the rights of participants. Their phone number
is (806)-742-2064, and their email is [log in to unmask]

Thank you!

Best,
Millie
--
*Millicent Fullmer (she, ella)*
*Acquisitions and Cataloging Librarian*

My Zoom Office https://sandiego.zoom.us/milliefullmer
<https://sandiego.zoom.us/j/4126269105>

Hours: Mon-Fri (11AM-3PM)

I acknowledge that the University of San Diego is located on the
traditional lands of the Kumeyaay Nation. (Why are land acknowledgments
important?
<https://nativegov.org/a-guide-to-indigenous-land-acknowledgment/>)

Helen K. and James S. Copley Library
University of San Diego
5998 Alcala Park
<https://maps.google.com/?q=5998+Alcala+ParkSan+Diego,+CA+92110&entry=gmail&source=g>
San Diego, CA 92110
<https://maps.google.com/?q=5998+Alcala+ParkSan+Diego,+CA+92110&entry=gmail&source=g>
Phone: (619) 260-2336 <%28619%29%260-2336>

Stephanie Beene (MA, MSIS), she/her
Assistant Professor, Librarian for Art, Architecture & Planning

*Office Hours (Fine Arts & Design Library):*

Wednesdays, 1-4 pm

Thursdays, 9am-12pm

*Or by appt:*
https://libcal.unm.edu/appointments/sbeene

The Fine Arts & Design Library,
George Pearl Hall Office 435
College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences
University of New Mexico MSC05 3020
Albuquerque, NM 87131