Good morning fellow ARLIS/NA colleagues! I'm writing to bring to your attention to TWO great job opportunities at the Yale Arts Library that were just posted today on this listerv. Lindsay King is leaving to head up the art library at Stanford (we are very proud of Lindsay, but sad to see her go). Fortunately, we were able to create two positions out of one with her departure. Please take a look and consider applying or send these along to colleagues who you think might be interested!

Working at the Haas Arts Library As director, I'm biased, but believe it's an honest depiction that our department is known as an inclusive, participatory, and stimulating place to work. The Arts Library is also a special place because of the students and faculty who are part of the art, architecture, and drama schools here that are competitive and world-renowned. Also, the Yale University Art Gallery, Center for British Art, and the two theaters are within a block radius.

Head of Arts Library Access Services
The access services position is a key position at Haas and a potential growth opportunity for colleagues seeking a "stepping-stone" position leading to one with an even larger scope. They will be engaged in systemwide access services decision-making for our very large library system. We seek someone with solid supervisory experience and an arts background.

Arts Librarian for Drama, Theater and Performance Studies, and Art History
We seek someone enthusiastic and excited to work with students and faculty, who also has a background in these subject areas. Over the years, Lindsay became an embedded member of these academic communities, so we we're looking for someone with the same kind of commitment, passion, and ability to engage.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, including what it's like to work at a large private university. My prior experience was working for very large public institutions for 15 years before coming to Yale, so I can speak to the differences. We also have a great benefits package, IMHO, which is something that attracted me to working here (see M&P benefits).

Heather Gendron

Director, Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library

Yale University Library

she/her

A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature