Hi all,

I am curious what others' experiences with having a book discussion program run through their libraries are? We have one that has been going on for years, but in recent years have been trying to establish its intention and future direction.

Specifically, I am curious how others are running their book discussions (if you have one) in the areas of; how do you choose books? What audiences do you tend to attract with the discussions? What is your experience with the program being one with a core group that comes regularly vs each new book being more of its own event? Are you using your discussion as a place to engage with your community on complicated art or art tangential topics (examples being discussions around systemic issues in art, art history, art education, art as activism, etc) What has that looked like? Also curious what your reasoning for or against having a book discussion program is in the museum library space would be.

Appreciation in advance,

Lauren McMullan, MLIS
Librarian
(she/theywhat is this?