Greetings ARLIS/NA Colleagues,

Part of the commemoration of our 50th year was the creation of the 50K for 50 Years Fund through which we want to promote diversity in arts librarianship.  Once we reach our 50K goal, we will be able to tap into interest earned by the fund to support an internship for an early career librarian of color.

We're nearing our goal and it is time to define the internship more clearly. I'm bringing together a task force to delineate the internship; its name, how it will be administered, its annual cycle, the selection of awardee, selection of mentor and site, and other details.

I'm seeking an interested ARLIS/NA member to serve on the Task Force.  Anyone may serve (from novice to seasoned member). If you have chapter leadership experience, your insights would be valuable. The task force will also include a member each from the Student Advancement Award Sub-committee of the Awards Committee, the Mentoring Sub-committee of the Professional Development Committee, ArLiSNAP, and the Diversity & Inclusion Committee.

I expect the work of the Task Force to take from June through December 2022, with a goal of submitting a report to the board for their January 2023 meeting.

If you would like to serve on the Task Force, please fill out this Google Form.  The deadline is the end of the day, Friday, May 27th.

Feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

All best,
Rebecca

--
Rebecca Price
Architecture, Urban Planning & Visual Resources Librarian and Museum Studies Liaison

We acknowledge that the University of Michigan resides on the ancestral, traditional, and contemporary lands of the Anishinaabeg – The Three Fire Confederacy of the Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi Nations, as well as the Wyandot Nation.