Dear ARLIS-l,

I have a patron who is seeking information about Maginel Wright Enright Barney, née Margaret Ellen Wright, younger sister of Frank Lloyd Wright. She was an illustrator in her own right whose work was published in periodicals and children’s books. The patron is especially interested in finding out about a yarn painting titled “Taliesin.” I have found very little about her beyond biographical entries! She wrote an autobiography, and is mentioned in the book Tales of Taliesin (2000), and through our databases there are obituaries and citations for several reviews of art shows she was part of in 1940 or so. Her LC entry is “Barney, Maginel Wright, 1877-1966.”

Does anyone out there have any knowledge or leads?

Thank you! Take care,

Annie

Annie Sollinger (she/her)

Visual Archivist & Librarian for Art History

Robert S. Cox Special Collections and University Archives Research Center

W. E. B. Du Bois Library

UMass Amherst

413.545.4978