Hello ARLIS/NA!

Many of you have participated in or shown interest in our speculative design and libraries work, most recently at our annual conference workshop Creating Radical Hope: Artistic and Speculative Library Responses to Climate Change.

We want to continue the conversation!

We’re creating a Google Group to occasionally share information about speculative design, futures thinking (especially related to climate change), and libraries. We’ll also use it as a platform to post calls for proposals and to find collaborators for new projects and papers.

Curious? Register your preferred email. Once you are added to Google Group, you can manage your subscription settings.

Our next shared effort will be a virtual reading group for Sasha Costanza-Chock’s Design Justice: Community-Led Practices to Build the Worlds We Need. The book is freely available online or in print from MIT Press or perhaps your library. Details to follow soon, on the Google Group listserv.

We are also committed to publishing a climate change and libraries zine! A call for submissions will follow soon.

Take care,

Shannon (and Heidi and John)

Shannon Marie Robinson she/her

Assistant Director, Fisher Fine Arts Library

[log in to unmask] | schedule an appointment