From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Claire Gunning <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 4, 2022 4:05:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Retirement

EXTERNAL EMAIL

Dear ARLIS members,

I have been contemplating jumping into the deep end since early in the pandemic, but there were a couple of obstacles to overcome before being able to announce that, on June 3rd, 2022,  I will be retiring from the Cooper Union after more than 22 years. My career has been rich in opportunities and colleagues. I have enjoyed my years of membership in ARLIS/NA and will miss the day-to-day interactions with everyone. Prior to the Cooper Union, I held professional positions at the Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, and both the Mid-Manhattan and Parkchester branches of New York Public Library, as well as staff positions at MIT’s Dewey Library and Haverford College’s Magill Library.

I intend to stay connected, if not active, with the ARLIS community. My husband and I plan to spend much of the upcoming year or two working on a personal construction project. Beyond that, I have few concrete plans, but hopefully with much room for visiting and connecting with friends near and far.

Cooper Union is posting the position immediately.  It would be an exciting opportunity to work with the few recent hires and all the old hands that are on staff at the library. I can’t overstate how much I have loved working with the faculty and students at the Cooper Union.

I am reachable for the foreseeable future at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask], on Facebook and on Instagram @cgunni.

Best wishes to everyone,

Claire

--