Hi ARLIS colleagues,

We have a museum fellow who would like to see whatever exists on the 1976 exhibition: David Hammons, Dreadlock Series, at the Just Above Midtown Gallery, New York.

Judging from our Hammons stuff, it is likely just the postcard but it could be a pamphlet (you can see the invite image on page 40 of this: https://www.levygorvy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Senga_UrsulaMagazine6.pdf).  But we lack anything related to this show in our files…any chance a museum library might have this in their Artist Files collection?  She’d love a jpg of the image for a powerpoint presentation, but if there is also more to the item, a pdf scan of the text would be magical.

Thank you in advance for checking!

~Anne

Anne Evenhaugen

Librarian, she/her

Head, Smithsonian American Art and Portrait Gallery Library

http://library.si.edu/libraries/aapg