Dear colleagues,

As you are preparing your list of sessions to attend at the Chicago conference, I wish to remind you of a panel discussion, "Evaluating, Optimizing, and Remediating Physical Accessibility in Library Spaces," jointly organized by the Diversity & Inclusion Committee and Architecture & Planning SIG. In addition to two of our ARLIS/NA own, Rina Vecchiola (Washington University in St. Louis) and Jeff Alger (Iowa State University), we are joined by Lauren Kehoe, Accessibility and Accommodations Librarian at New York University.

Panelists will share their knowledge of physical access challenges in library spaces and their individual experiences identifying and remediating these challenges in their respective institutions. In addition to a Q&A with panel speakers, attendees will also gain access to and practice using an accessibility inventory tool in the conference room.

We hope to see you there and look forward to a lively, informative discussion to follow our speakers' presentations. Details to follow, but we do hope to include a recording and transcript of the presentation after the conference.

You may preview and save presentation materials from this Google Drive folder, which is still a work in progress: https://tinyurl.com/arlis2022-phys-access

You may add the session to your personal schedule of sessions and read more about each presenter's talks on the panel's Sched page: https://sched.co/uwUt

Kind regards,
K. Sarah (panel moderator)

--
K. Sarah Ostrach (she/her)
ARLIS/NA Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Member