Dear ARLIS/NA Leaders,

I am writing to you on behalf of the ARLIS/NA Documentation Committee. We
would like to encourage you to send records related to your ARLIS/NA
committee/division/sections/SIG/etc. to the ARLIS/NA Archive at University
of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.

We have noticed that there are gaps in the Archive’s collection and our
intent is to send out a reminder annually encouraging archival deposits
before committee/division/sections/SIG/etc. leadership changes over at the
annual conference.

·         We have put together a Guide
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/14gq29UUG0Ua5B-7FM1kmZJO-rKV3OX4j/view?usp=sharing>
to help you determine what, if anything, should be sent to the Archive each
year. For many groups engaged in regular business, there will be no need to
send records to the Archive every year.

·         Annual Reports will be submitted for all groups by the ARLIS/NA
Secretary, so no need to worry about those.

·         Please bear with us as we continue to develop this guide.
Suggestions for making it more helpful are welcome.

·         Chapters: None of this applies to you yet. We will work with you
in the future to better define archival guidance for chapters. For now keep
doing what you are doing.

Please contact UIUC Archivist Claire Drone-Silver
<[log in to unmask]> or the Documentation
Committee for further guidance. In most cases it is helpful to contact
Claire before sending her your records.

Best,

Rachel Resnik
Documentation Committee, Outgoing Chair