Dear ARLISians,

The Conference Advisory Planning Committee (CPAC) is pleased to announce our speakers for the ARLIS/NA annual conference held in Chicago April 5th-9th.

Our plenary speaker is Tempestt Hazel, curator, writer, and co-founder of Sixty Inches From Center, a Chicago-based arts publication and archiving initiative that has promoted and preserved the practices of BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ artists, and artists with disabilities across the Midwest. Through her work at Sixty and past work at Field Foundation and other organizations, Tempestt has worked alongside artists, organizers, grantmakers, and cultural workers to explore cultural preservation, solidarity economies, and values-based practices that are embedded at all levels of an organization.

One of the annual conference highlights is our keynote speaker and this year is no exception! We are excited to be joined by Carol Ross Barney who has been in the vanguard of civic space design since founding Ross Barney Architects in 1981. With a career that spans over 40 years, Carol has made significant contributions to the built environment, the profession, and architectural education. As an architect, urbanist, mentor, and educator, she has relentlessly advocated that excellent design is a right, not a privilege. Her body of work has been honored with over 200 major design awards and occupies a unique place within the panorama of contemporary architecture, being composed of work primarily in the public realm. Notable projects include the expansion of the Chicago Riverwalk, 606 Trail Master Plan, Oklahoma City Federal Building, and the Champaign Public Library.

[log in to unmask]" alt="Left to Right: Profile photographs of Caol Ross Barney and Tempestt Hazel.">

(left to right: Carol Ross Barney, Tempestt Hazel)

Our presenters' full bios can be found on the conference website at https://www.arlisna.org/news/speakers

Alexis Burson (she/her/hers)

Art and Marketing Librarian

Research, Instruction and Academic Engagement

DePaul University Library

2350 N. Kenmore, 211B | Chicago, IL 60657
Tel: (773) 325-7833

https://library.depaul.edu

[log in to unmask]" alt="signature_598079514"> [log in to unmask]" alt="signature_1348769466"> [log in to unmask]" alt="signature_703931731"> [log in to unmask]" alt="cid193184*[log in to unmask]">