Hello Everyone,

The VRD Annual Business Meeting will be held online on Thursday, March 24, at 1:00 PM EDT, 12:00 PM CDT. Here is the Zoom link

https://duke.zoom.us/j/3106632362?pwd=Q3FIOXF5czdSVWsyOGpIcjN4ZXBGQT09

The VRD-proposed session at the annual conference, "Beyond the Classroom: Developing Image Databases for Research,” is scheduled for Thursday, April 7, at 8:30 AM. The speakers will be: Rachel Beckwith (Hampshire College), Kraig Binkowski (Yale University), Carrie Evans (Five Colleges, Inc.), Nicole Gabrielle Finzer (Northwestern University), Molli Kuenstner (National Gallery of Art), and Carol Ng-He (University of Chicago). I am also pleased to say that Duke Libraries will be sponsoring this session.

My term as VRD moderator ends after the annual conference. Kelin Baldridge, vice-moderator, will become moderator for 2022-23. This means that we are looking for a new vice-moderator. You can contact me ([log in to unmask]) or Kelin ([log in to unmask]) if you are interested.

Annual VRD Business Meeting Agenda:
  1. Introductions
  2. Old Business
  3. A. Summary of 2021-22 activities
  4. B. VRD Survey (in the works)
  5. New Business
  6. A. Activities for 2022-23
  7. B. Open discussion (items can be sent to the moderator before the meeting).
VRD description: ARLIS/NA's Visual Resources Division (VRD) is composed of members who are engaged in the acquisition, cataloging, curation, preservation, discovery, and circulation of visual content in analog and digital formats. As a division of the Society, special attention is focused on connecting with affinity organizations engaged in developing and supporting standards and best practices for dealing with images, metadata, digital asset management, collection development, preservation of at-risk collections, and staffing.

All the best,
John

VRD Moderator, 2021-22

John Taormina
Curator of Visual Resources
Communications and Exhibitions Coordinator
Dept. of Art, Art History & Visual Studies
Duke University

ph: 919-684-2501
email: [log in to unmask]
aahvs.duke.edu