Hi all,

On Friday, March 4th, at 2pm ET/11a PT, we invite you to join the Diversity and Inclusion committee for an open conversation about the WOC + Lib Statement Against White Appropriation of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color’s Labor. This town hall will actively engage participants in creating ideas for reflection and action that we can take in response to this statement. Breakout rooms will be used to generate ideas and facilitate conversation. We will use the Diversity and Inclusion Committee’s prior email on this topic as a starting point for discussion.

This event leads up to the Diversity Forum, which will take place during ARLIS/NA’s 2022 conference in Chicago. Addressing the issues raised by this statement is an essential part of creating cultures of inclusive excellence in our libraries.

Register Here

All best,

The ARLIS/NA Diversity and Inclusion Committee

Chloe Bragg

Rachel Harris (PPC Liaison)

Karyn Hinkle

Jane Devine Mejia

K. Sarah Ostrach

Katy Parker

Mimosa Shah

Kai Alexis Smith (Executive Board Liaison)

Alex Watkins (chair)

With special thanks to: Heather Slania, Courtney Hunt, Claire Payne

--
Claire Payne (she/her)
Chair, Education Subcommittee, Professional Development Committee

Web Services and Data Librarian
Liaison to the Department of Art
Stony Brook University Libraries