As a reminder: ARLIS/NA members may attend the VRA conference at VRA member rates:

Your ARLIS/NA-VRA Liaison,
Karen Bouchard

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: VRA Executive Board <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 1:12 PM
Subject: VRA 2022: Registration, Hotel, and Conference Program
To: <[log in to unmask]>

VRA Annual Conference | March 29–31, 2022 | Baltimore, MD

Image

Dear Colleagues,

We know many of you have been waiting for this update to start making plans for VRA 2022.  Please keep reading to learn more about:

  • the shift in format from fully in-person to hybrid,
  • the compressed VRA 2022 program (March 29–31, 2022),
  • the opening date for registration (February 16, 2022),
  • and, how to reserve your room at the Royal Sonesta at the special conference rate.

In a communication sent over VRA-L on February 1, we announced that VRA 2022 would shift from a fully in-person to a hybrid conference experience. The Executive Board is working on a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) webpage that will address the questions we received during the Town Hall last week and over email. If you have a concern not included on the FAQ webpage, which will be linked to the VRA 2022 website next week, you may email us at [log in to unmask].

In response to members’ requests, we have compressed the conference programming into three days rather than four, as originally planned. The new dates for VRA 2022 in Baltimore will be March 29–31. We are still communicating with session organizers about the shift to the Conference schedule. As soon as it is finalized, we will update it on Sched. All three days are full of content, and we hope that attendees will plan to participate through the end of day on Thursday, which will culminate in the Awards Ceremony and a celebration of VRA’s 40th anniversary. Conference registration rates are the same for in-person and remote attendees and will not increase as we get closer to the start date. The Pre-Conference, March 21 and 22, will remain online and follow the published schedule.

Registration for the Pre-Conference and the Conference will open next Wednesday on February 16. If you register for the Conference, whether attending remotely or in person, you will receive access to the Pre-Conference programming, including workshops, as part of your registration fee.

Are you staying at the conference hotel? We now have a link for VRA attendees to reserve a room at the conference rate at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. The rates are: $155 per night, single/double occupancy; $175 per night, triple occupancy; $195 per night, quad occupancy (plus taxes and fees). VRA is obligated to fill a certain number of hotel rooms to meet our contract. Staying at the conference hotel helps support VRA and we thank you.

With many of these important details finalized, we are going full steam ahead! Keep an eye out for regular emails related to the conference program and our wonderful host city, Baltimore.

On behalf of the entire VRA Executive Board, we deeply appreciate your patience. These past two years have been trying for everyone and planning a conference during a pandemic (make that three conferences!) has been no easy feat. We recognize many of you, too, are struggling. We hope this conference offers us all the chance to connect, learn, share, and even relax and have some fun.

This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask]
Visual Resources Association PO Box 856955, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55485-6955, United States
Remove My Email or Manage Preferences   Privacy Policy