Hate to say, but at a National Gallery Materials talk for artists a number
of years ago, they said that PVA glue is acid free while wet, but when it
dries it is acidic.  How acidic I don't remember. Might be good to check on
this.  Maybe it has been reformulated since then.

I have a gallon of it sitting that I haven't touched since that time,
relying on wheat paste/ methyl cellulose/ rice paste and Elmer's School
glue- one that restorers still use.

Best,  Claudia Vess

artist/gallerist
www.thecabinetart.com