Joint Call for Proposals

Joint Annual Conference: Connection, Disconnection, Reconnection: How Are We Building Community Now?

2022 ACRL New England Chapter (ACRL/NEC) & New England Library Instruction Group (NELIG - A Special Interest Group of ACRL/NEC)

June 1 to June 3, 2022

Live Virtual Event

Community is at the heart of libraries, and our sense of community has been greatly impacted by the state of the world around us. We’ve disconnected in some ways and reconnected in others. What will we do next to build (or rebuild) our staffs, our communities, and ourselves?

There are many ways to interpret this year’s conference theme; we encourage your creative ideas. Topics may include but are not limited to:

  • Rebuilding community
  • Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in libraries
  • Dealing with burnout
  • Reconnecting as the pandemic continues
  • Lifting up students and coworkers
  • Climate change and libraries
  • Accessibility and Universal Design
  • Needs assessment in a changing world
  • Trends in higher education and how they will affect libraries
  • Collection Development in hybrid times
  • Inclusive cataloging

Proposal Due Date: February 25, 2022, 11:59pm EST

Submit your proposal and find details about session formats and submission requirements: https://forms.gle/sJL9kBhkL1FVrS2J7

Questions? Email the 2022 NELIG and ACRL/NEC Program Planning Committee at [log in to unmask]

Jaime Hammond, ACRL NEC Vice President
Laura Hogan, NELIG Co-Chair
Jillian Maynard, NELIG Co-Chair