***please excuse cross-posting***

ARLIS/NA Multimedia & Technology Reviews Needs You!

ARLIS/NA Multimedia & Technology Reviews Co-editors are seeking volunteers to author reviews for the April 2022 issue.

To volunteer, please complete our Reviewer Interest Form (https://forms.gle/UXUESJ23dqtY6zoS8) by Thursday February 3.

Initial draft submissions are due Monday March 7, 2022.

Contributing to ARLIS/NA Multimedia & Technology Reviews is a great opportunity to get involved with the Society, learn about interesting new resources, and help shape the publication.

Please feel free to read the complete review guidelines and direct comments and questions about the reviews to [log in to unmask]

Know of a resource we should review? Submit ideas here.

Submitted by ARLIS/NA Multimedia & Technology Reviews Co-editors:

Gabriella Karl-Johnson

Alexandra Provo

Karina Wratschko

____

(please note: the following descriptions originated with the below resources and do not necessarily reflect the views of the M&TR co-editors.)

Art Institute of Chicago online collection

https://www.artic.edu/collection

Explore thousands of artworks in the museum’s wide-ranging collection—from our world-renowned icons to lesser-known gems from every corner of the globe—as well as our books, writings, reference materials, and other resources.

Feral Atlas

https://feralatlas.supdigital.org/

Feral Atlas is a multidisciplinary digital humanities project that invites you to navigate the land-, sea-, and airscapes of the Anthropocene. We trust that as you move through the site—pausing to look, read, watch, reflect, and perhaps occasionally scratch your head—you will slowly find your bearings, both in relation to the site’s structure and the foundational concerns and concepts to which it gives form. Feral Atlas has been designed to reward exploration.

Imperfect History: Curating the Graphic Arts Collection at Benjamin Franklin’s Public Library

https://librarycompany.org/imperfect-history/

Inspired by the fiftieth anniversary of the establishment of the Library Company of Philadelphia’s Graphic Arts Department, Imperfect History: Curating the Graphic Arts Collection at Benjamin Franklin’s Public Library is a candid exploration of the history of the social dynamics and cultural biases affecting the construction of an American popular graphic arts collection developed within one of the oldest cultural institutions in the country.

Museum digital initiatives during the Coronavirus Pandemic

https://digitalmuseums.at/

This website is part of a broader research project on the impact of COVID-19 on museum digital strategies being developed by Dr Chiara Zuanni at the University of Graz. As such, the map constitutes a first pilot-study, offering an immediate overview of various digital initiatives launched by museums around the world. Given the exceptional times, we have decided to release this first visualisation of the dataset we are creating and working with.

ThingStor

https://thingstor.org/

A material culture database, ThingStor documents historical, “real” objects as they appear in American and English literature and visual art during the long 19th century. Currently tracking nearly 1000 objects, ThingStor offers an ever-expanding online gallery and vetted empirical information of materials cited in high and low fiction or paintings.

Visionary Futures Collective

https://visionary-futures-collective.github.io/

The Visionary Futures Collective is a community of humanists working in and around higher education. Our goals include increasing transparency, sharing vulnerability, and working collectively to imagine and create a better future for higher education.

V&A - Collection Pages

https://www.vam.ac.uk/collections

From ancient Chinese ceramics to Alexander McQueen evening dresses, take an incredible journey through 5000 years of human creativity with our online collections. Explore more than 1.2 million objects in the V&A online collections.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gabriella Karl-Johnson, M.Arch, MLS

Architecture Librarian, School of Architecture

Princeton University

Princeton, NJ  08544

609.258.3128

http://library.princeton.edu/libraries/architecture

Virtual Office Hours Spring 2022: M/W/F 3-5pm, Tu/Th 9-11am

Meet with me on Zoom: https://princeton.zoom.us/my/gabriellakarljohnson

Coeditor, Multimedia & Technology Reviews

https://www.arlisna.org/multimedia-and-technology-reviews