Happy and Healthy New Year to all,

I wanted to share two upcoming virtual workshops that I’m doing at the Center for Book Arts in NYC, hoping that you can join us.

The Flag Book: Travel Quest - January 25, 2022 - 12:00 - 2:00 - $ 40.00 Center for Book Arts, NYC
https://centerforbookarts.org/classes/binding/flag-book-pisano-winter22

Originally created by Hedi Kyle, the flag book is a very exciting form, where the layered pages criss-cross each other when opening and closing, making the book a living, moving, interactive entity. The flags are a perfect platform/structure for multiple images and content. Each student will design a 3 dimensional book by  collaging their personal items, creating their own designs for the pages and the covers. A truly unique work will emerge.

Flex Your Passion: A Valentine’s Day Flexagon Book - February 8, 2022 - 12:00 - 3:00 - $ 60.00
Center for Book Arts, NYC - https://centerforbookarts.org/classes/binding/flexagon-book-pisano-winter22

Valentine’s day is celebrated by sharing and giving of oneself to that special person or persons in your life. It is also a day to create something unique, such as a handmade book, and be personally enriched by it. A flexagon is a unique movable book that has great content potential, and like love, springs to life when opened. The materials we will use to designs your books; stencils, stamps, stamp pads and direct drawing, will enrich your pages enabling you to create a wonderful book.

Looking forward to seeing you.
Maria

Maria G Pisano
Memory Press
MGP Studio Arts

"All history was a palimpsest, scraped clean and reinscribed exactly as often as was necessary. In no case would it have been possible, once the deed was done, to prove that any falsification had taken place." 1984 by George Orwell