Hello everyone,

For those of you who support game design and development programs at your institution: does your library provide access to visual or audio assets (such as textures, environments, sound effects, etc.) that designers can download and re-use in the process of creating video games?

A number of free, open-access asset collections can be found on various Libguides, so libraries can/do promote these. But I have also fielded questions from faculty who are wondering if our library can provide access to paid assets. (One example is Unity Asset Store.) My impression is that paid game assets are generally not offered on education- or library-friendly licensing models, but I could be wrong.

If you have researched or assisted with similar inquiries at your institution, I would like to hear from you off-list!

Thanks,

Heather

Heather Koopmans

She/her/hers