Hello everyone,

For those of you who support game design and development programs at your institution: does your library provide access to visual or audio assets (such as textures, environments, sound effects, etc.) that designers can download and re-use in the process of creating video games?

A number of free, open-access asset collections can be found on various Libguides, so libraries can/do promote these. But I have also fielded questions from faculty who are wondering if our library can provide access to paid assets. (One example is Unity Asset Store<https://assetstore.unity.com/>.) My impression is that paid game assets are generally not offered on education- or library-friendly licensing models, but I could be wrong.

If you have researched or assisted with similar inquiries at your institution, I would like to hear from you off-list!

Thanks,
Heather

Heather Koopmans
She/her/hers