Hi all,

Does anyone have acquisitions experience with tarot decks? I've been asked to find a pre-1930 Rider-Waite-Smith tarot deck, and I don't really know where to begin. It's not a resource I know a lot about, and I don't have a great handle on what, specifically, I should be looking for (budget ballpark, condition expectations, etc.). I've found a few decks on Ebay that seem to fit the bill, but I'd love to speak to someone with a little more expertise before I jump in.

Thanks and best,

Ivy

Ivy Blackman
she/her
Managing Librarian
Frances Mulhall Achilles Library
Whitney Museum of American Art

Don’t miss the groundbreaking retrospective, Jasper Johns: Mind/Mirror<https://whitney.org/exhibitions/jasper-johns>, now jointly on view at the Whitney and at the Philadelphia Museum of Art through February 13. Visit whitney.org<https://whitney.org/> for more information and to stay up to date on our visitor policies. Connect with us @whitneymuseum<https://www.instagram.com/whitneymuseum/>.