Ann,

We do and I’m happy to provide more information. We are out of our building for the time being due to Art Museum construction, but will return to our previous building in 3 years or so and hope to retain use of the assigned carrels as far as I know (109 total). In recent years, we have had some space to offer assigned carrels to others: i.e. faculty and grads. from other departments.

-Rebecca Friedman, Princeton

From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Lindell,Ann M
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2021 10:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Graduate carrels in branch libraries

Hi ARLISians,

I've been asked by one of our constituent academic programs about making space in my branch library for a large number of desks (sort of a hybrid desk/carrel situation with a shielded desk and locking drawers) for their graduate students.  Without a magic wand,or some serious changes to onsite collections, I don't have space for this; but I'm curious---those of you in discipline-focused academic branch libraries:  Do you offer assigned carrels to graduate students (or anyone else?).

Thanks,

Ann Lindell

University of Florida