This is a gentle reminder to RSVP no later than noon on Monday for the Decorative Arts SIG Fall Meeting which will take place in Zoom on Tuesday, Nov. 9 at 1:00pm Eastern Time.  The Zoom link will be sent out on Monday afternoon.

Decorative Arts SIG Fall 2021 Meeting RSVP

Here are the key agenda items for our meeting:

  1.  Library Updates Round Robin
  2.  Program:  Rebecca Friedman, Princeton University and subject editor for the Visual Arts portion of Resources for College Libraries (RCL) associated with ACRL. Rebecca will give a short talk about the framework of taxonomy for the visual arts and, looking for feedback, will open a discussion about how craft and decorative arts are situated within the taxonomy.
  3.  Member Discussion:  Reconsidering the name of the Decorative Arts SIG.  At the summer meeting, Katherine Cowan suggested changing our SIG’s name. “Decorative arts” is an umbrella term for craft and design that seems focused on western traditions.  Is there another term we would like to adopt that would be more inclusive and better reflect the broad scope of contemporary art and craft now?
We look forward to seeing you in Zoom!
Beth Goodrich
Librarian
Direct:  612-206-3118

1224 Marshall Street NE, Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN  55413

Sign up here to receive news of the ACC Library & Archives through our newsletter

If you value the rich resources available through the ACC Library & Archives, please consider a donation to the American Craft Council.
We champion craft, and we'll continue to do so with your partnership!