Hi there,

A staff member here contacted me looking for a subset of the university library collections on which to plan and run a diversity audit. We’ve located good resources on the process, I think.

And I steered her toward Clemson’s more manageable-in-size juvenile/young adult collection (a College of Education resource for teachers in training), but promised to ask this list:

Anyone willing to share their experience in planning and conducting a diversity audit of your institutions holdings, at whatever scale?

If you’ve conducted such an audit, what tools and resources best prepared you?

What summary can you offer of the task and its outcomes?

What did you look for, and what did you learn?

We would very much appreciate learning from you, on or off list, as you prefer.

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

Kathy Edwards

Librarian, Emery A. Gunnin Architecture Library

2-112 Lee Hall

Clemson University

864.656.4289

Schedule an appointment with me