Hello - We will be having a guest speaker, Andrea Liguori, Managing Director of the Richard Diebenkorn Foundation.

What is an artist-endowed foundation and what role does it play in the legacy of an artist? My experience will demonstrate one response, that of the survivors of Richard Diebenkorn and the curators who knew him and followed his career. I will provide an overview of the elements leading to the formation of the Richard Diebenkorn Foundation twelve years ago and the path ahead toward our termination of the foundation. I will include visuals of our major publication in 2016, Richard Diebenkorn’s catalogue raisonné of drawings and paintings, and will speak about the current projects, including the processing of his personal and professional archives with visual samples, the preparation of Diebenkorn’s print catalogue raisonné, and the cultivation of the next generation of art historians entering the foundation community. I will touch on the path that led me to a career devoted to the work of a single artist and what I have learned through a long, vertical exploration of the life of a single artist.

Please fill out this form to RSVP for the Zoom link.

Thank you,

Katie

Katie Keller
Associate Librarian
Ute & Bill Bowes Art & Architecture Library
355 Roth Way
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305 - 2018

[log in to unmask]" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">[log in to unmask]
artlibrary.stanford.edu