Hello ARLISians,

The Decorative Arts SIG will hold its fall meeting on Tuesday, November 9 at 1:00pm EST, 12:00pm CST, 11:00am MST, 10:00am PST via Zoom.  Please RSVP by noon Monday, November 8 to register.  The Zoom link and full agenda will be sent out by the end of the day on Nov. 8.

Decorative Arts SIG Fall 2021 Meeting RSVP
https://forms.gle/8p4KQo85cEf8i76X6

Some agenda items:

  1. Library Updates Round Robin
  2. Program:  Rebecca Friedman, Princeton University and subject editor for the Visual Arts portion of Resources for College Libraries (RCL) associated with ACRL. Rebecca will give a short talk about the framework of taxonomy for the visual arts and, looking for feedback, will open a discussion about how craft and decorative arts are situated within the taxonomy.
  3. Member Discussion:  Reconsidering the name of the Decorative Arts SIG.  At the summer meeting, Katherine Cowan suggested changing our SIG’s name. “Decorative arts” is an umbrella term for craft and design that seems focused on western traditions.  Is there another term we would like to adopt that would be more inclusive and better reflect the broad scope of contemporary art and craft now?
We hope to see you there!
Beth Hylen, [log in to unmask]
Beth Goodrich, [log in to unmask]
Co-coordinators of the Decorative Arts SIG

Beth Goodrich
Librarian
Direct:  612-206-3118

1224 Marshall Street NE, Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN  55413

Sign up here to receive news of the ACC Library & Archives through our newsletter

If you value the rich resources available through the ACC Library & Archives, please consider a donation to the American Craft Council.
We champion craft, and we'll continue to do so with your partnership!