(Apologize for the cross posting...)

EXTENDED to Tuesday 9/28!!

Submit your proposals for Lighting or Poster talks for ARLISNA/ Midstates + Ohio Valley Chapter Joint Fall Meeting

Meeting Virtually on Wednesday, October 13th, 2021

We are excited to be joining our chapters up for our Fall meetings! In the meantime, we would love to put out a call for proposals:

The ARLIS/NA Midstates and Ohio Valley Chapters are now accepting proposals for our joint virtual conference on Wednesday, October 13th, 2021. Please consider submitting a proposal for either a 10-minute lightning talk or a virtual poster session. You do not have to be a member of ARLIS/NA, ARLIS/NA Ohio Valley, or ARLIS/NA Midstates to submit a proposal.

Topic ideas may include:

  • Silver linings of the pandemic, what’s changed at your institution for the better? Can cover any art library-related topic, such as instruction, outreach, circulation, staffing, etc.

  • General updates from your library, including challenges that endure due to the ongoing pandemic

  • Diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in your library

  • Collection development changes or initiatives

  • Artists’ books, special collections, & archives

Presentation Requirements

  • Lightning talk presentations should be limited to 10 minutes

  • Poster presentations should follow ARLIS/NA virtual poster session guidelines, which are listed on the proposal form

  • Presenters should be able to attend the virtual conference on October 13th, 2021. Presenters will need to either deliver their presentation virtually on that date or arrange to pre-record. If a presenter chooses to pre-record, they will be given a deadline by which their recording must be made available to the organizers and should be available on the date of the conference to answer questions.

Submit your proposals by:Tuesday, September 28th

Applicants will be notified via email by: Wednesday, September 29

Proposals should be submitted here: https://forms.gle/sPqRsZdVqd38DZJ68

Submit inquiries to Chris Mannix [log in to unmask]

Best,
Mackenzie

--
Mackenzie Salisbury, MLIS [she/her/hers]
Information Literacy Librarian

The updated library search is here!

Check out the Updated Library Search Guide for more information.
For Library updates regarding COVID-19, please click here
School of the Art Institute

School of the Art Institute of Chicago
37 S. Wabash Ave., 6th floor
Chicago, IL 60603