AASL 2022: 44TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE CALL FOR PROPOSALS

The Association of Architecture School Librarians (AASL) Programming Committee is excited to release a call for session proposals for the 44th Annual Association of Architecture School Librarians Conference, Los Angeles, March 17-19, 2022.

We invite individuals from across our community to share insights and experiences. Whether you offer decades of knowledge or are just beginning your career, we want to hear from you on our conference theme:

THEME:  EMPOWER

In honor of this year’s theme of “Empower,” we’re asking you to answer a question,

In what unique or interesting ways are you empowering students, faculty, researchers, architects, fellow librarians, women, the disabled, and members of the BIPOC and LGBTQ communities through one or more of the following four lenses?*

Highlighting Architecture Collections (Documenting Student Work / Institutional Repositories / Special Collections and Archives / Data and Metadata Projects / Asset Management / Outreach and Promotion / Publishing)

Exploring New or Intersecting Modalities for Architectural Research (Digital Humanities / Virtual Instruction / Transition to Digital Collections / Maps and Visualization / Information Literacy / Research Engagement /Curriculum Development and Mapping)

Collaborating (Resource Sharing and Management / Grants / Interdisciplinary Collaborations / Community Engagement / Liaison Relationships / Professional Organization Contributions / Studio Support)

Examining the State of the Profession (Critical Librarianship and Pedagogy / Accreditation / Tenure, Promotion and Job Security Issues / Measuring Impact / Libraries in a Post-COVID World / Alternative Skills / Creative Problem Solving / Advocacy / Self-Reflection)

(*Lens subtopics are meant to be suggestions, not limiters.)

Conference programming will include different formats: lightning-talks, conference papers, group workshops, and discussion panels.

Submission Deadline: Midnight PST Thursday, September 30, 2020

Please note that proposal abstracts will be included in the conference program. Please use this Google Form to submit your proposals: https://forms.gle/8JhZEEqmnTTTWVst8

If you have any questions regarding submissions for our sessions, please contact the 2021 Programming Committee at: [log in to unmask]

Sincerely,

The 2022 AASL Conference Programming Committee

Stephanie Beene

Lucy Campbell

Cathryn Copper

Nilda Sanchez-Rodriguez

Nicole Santiago

James Sobczak

Jesse Vestermark (Chair)

---

Jesse Vestermark

pronouns he/him/his

VP/President Elect of the Association of Architecture School Librarians

Architecture & Environmental Design Librarian

Robert E. Kennedy Library, Room 216J

California Polytechnic State University

San Luis Obispo, California

Cal Poly is in tiłhini, the Place of the Full Moon. We gratefully acknowledge, respect, and thank yak titʸu titʸu yak tiłhini, Northern Chumash Tribe of San Luis Obispo County and Region, in whose homelands we are guests.