Hello Decorative Arts SIG,

The next quarterly *meeting of the Decorative Arts SIG* is scheduled
for *Tuesday,
August 17 at 4:00pm Eastern, 3:00pm Central, 2:00pm Mountain, 1:00pm
Pacific.*

Most of the focus of the meeting will be to discuss potential conference
sessions on the theme of *Past Present Future: Aspiring to New Heights*
that could be sponsored by the Decorative Arts SIG.  Conference session
proposals are due to the conference committee by *Sept 7*.

We did some brainstorming at our last meeting in May.  Here are the ideas
shared at that time:

   - Spotlight Chicago-area people of color in the dec arts to expand
   understanding and knowledge
   - Ask for funding to bring Tiffany Momon, the compiler of the Black
   Craftspeople Digital Archive database to the SIG meeting during
   conference week?
   - Chicago is a center for architecture – join with the Architecture SIG
   to create a program.
   - Arts & Crafts, Wright Studio, Oak Park, Unity Temple are possible
   points of focus.
   - Tours -- The Richard H. Driehaus Museum and Tiffany Collection would
   be either a tour or we could sponsor a speaker from the museum
   - We could also sponsor a tour to Milwaukee or sponsor a speaker from
   the Chipstone Foundation, for example.

Do you or your colleagues have other ideas for a great session to celebrate
the 50th Anniversary of ARLIS/NA?  Bring them to the *meeting on August 17 *and
let the SIG know how we can support you.

We will also take a few minutes to do a Round Robin sharing of new projects
or events that members have been working on.

Please *RSVP to Beth Goodrich, [log in to unmask]
<[log in to unmask]> by Monday, Aug. 16 *to receive the Zoom link
for the meeting.

We'll see you in Zoom!

*Beth Goodrich*
Librarian
Direct:  612-206-3118

1224 Marshall Street NE, Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN  55413
craftcouncil.org

Sign up here to receive news of the ACC Library & Archives through our
newsletter  <https://www.craftcouncil.org/library-archives/newsletter>

Please consider a donation to the American Craft Council.
<https://craftcouncil.org/giving>
We champion craft, and we'll continue to do so with your partnership!