Hello all,

This is a quick reminder that the below event is happening tomorrowFriday, August 6 at 2p Eastern time. All are welcome—I look forward to seeing you then!

Best,
Claire

----

Dear colleagues,

The Education Subcommittee would like to invite you all to an August "Tuesday” Talk this coming Friday, August 6! In this time of mostly-virtual communication, this series of themed lunchtime chats is designed to provide an informal opportunity for us to share ideas and connect with our fellow art information professionals. This month, we have two special guest facilitators (see description below)—and we’re mixing it up on the day of the week!

Bring your ideas and questions, or just yourself! All are welcome.

Topic: Critical Librarianship and Art Information (critlib)

When: Friday, August 6, 11a PDT/12p MDT/1p CDT/2p EDT

Where: Zoom registration link

Description: How does your work intersect with critical librarianship? Where do you see critical librarianship topics coming up in art information? How could we apply a critical lens to policies and procedures as many of us start returning to on-site work?

To discuss these questions and more, we will be joined by two members of the ARLIS Critical Librarianship SIG: Evan Schilling, Architecture Librarian at the University of Waterloo’s Musagetes Architecture Library, and Anna Boutin-Cooper, Research & Visual Arts Librarian at the Shadek-Fackenthal Library, Franklin & Marshall College. Evan and Anna will help facilitate the conversation and can also contribute insights about their own experiences with critical librarianship.

Feel free to add questions or comments for discussion on the registration form. This session will not be recorded, but notes can be shared upon request.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Stay tuned for information about Tuesday Talks for the fall!

Best,

The ARLIS/NA Education Subcommittee, Professional Development Committee

Claire Payne (chair), Karen DeWitt, Patricia Gimenez, Kendra Macomber, and Jack Patterson

--
Claire Payne (she/her)
Web Services and Data Librarian