Dear Colleagues,

I hope that this email finds you well and that you are enjoying the last few days of summer. The ARLIS NA/New York Programming Committee is planning a mini-conference which will include of series of free events each Wednesday in October. Our vision is that the series will kick off with a happy hour on October 6th (details forthcoming), followed by two lunchtime lightning round sessions (October 13th, 20th). These events are open to members and non-members.

Participants will have an opportunity to share works in progress and materials in their collections, new initiatives, etc. The lightning round presentations will be no more than ten minutes in length and may include slides (slides are optional).

Presentations may discuss, but are not limited to, the following topics and themes:

The mini-conference will close on October 27th with a session on professional development and/or skills for new professionals. Please use our Google form to submit lightning presentation proposals by September 7th, 2021. Accepted submissions will be notified by September 10th, 2021.

In addition, feel free to use the Google form to submit questions or reach out directly to Missy Brown, our Programming Coordinator, at [log in to unmask].

We look forward to reading your proposals and seeing you either in person at the happy hour or virtually via Zoom at one of the three sessions!

Thank you!

Missy Brown

Missy Brown | Cataloging and Metadata Librarian

PRATT INSTITUTE
200 Willoughby Avenue | Pratt Library LL | Brooklyn, NY 11205
phone: 4582 | [log in to unmask]

Pronouns: she, her, hers