Dear ARLIS Members,

Are you interested in sharing projects and joining critical conversations about cataloging in art libraries? The ARLIS Cataloging Section is seeking contributors to Catablog, our long-running source for news and stories about cataloging and metadata in the ARLIS community. Though the catablog has been a bit quiet over the past couple of years, we’d love to revive it as a forum for the many issues and changes that have affected the cataloging community, from remote work and labor issues to conversations around ethical description. We are looking for contributors to submit short (300-500 words) pieces on the following topics:

While writing for the Catablog is volunteer-based, it’s a great way to get involved in the ARLIS community, share your work, and workshop ideas for conference presentations! Please get in touch with a short description of what you’d like to write or any questions you may have:

Sarah Hamerman, Moderator ([log in to unmask])

Deidre Thompson, Vice Moderator ([log in to unmask])

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you!

Sarah Hamerman (she/her)

Metadata Librarian, Rare Books Specialty

Princeton University Libraries