Hello all,

As I mentioned in my message to ARLIS-L in May, I need to step down from leading the Critical Librarianship Special Interest Group.

Do you have an interest in critical librarianship, and its intersection with art, architecture and design librarianship or know someone else who does? If so, please contact me!

I am seeking two new co-coordinators to lead the Critical Librarianship SIG for the remainder of 2021, and into 2022. Ideally these positions would be staggered with my own, but due to personal reasons I am no longer able to lead the Crit Lib SIG. I will provide ample support to the two new co-coordinators, including onboarding, training, and helping to support the annual meeting of the SIG that didn't happen during the 2021 Annual ARLIS/NA Conference in May.

Responsibilities include:

  *   Organize and facilitate the SIG meeting at the annual conference, including the one that didn't happen in May 2021
  *   Draft an annual report to be submitted to ARLIS/NA leadership
  *   Work with your fellow co-coordinator on social media and blog postings including soliciting content from volunteers
  *   Monitor and contribute to discussions on the SIG Slack channel
  *   Optional: Work with your co-coordinator and SIG volunteers to submit proposal(s) to the annual conference regarding workshops and sessions on critical librarianship.
  *   Optional: develop programming and initiatives for SIG members during off-conference season concerning topics related to critical librarianship

If you are interested, please submit your name and a short paragraph describing your interest in one of the two positions by 5pm EST on Friday, August 13, 2021. Afterwards I will send out a message ARLIS-L, SIG members, and to the Slack about voting for who will the Crit Lib SIGS co-coordinators for 2021-2022.

Please don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions.

Best,

Evan Schilling

they/them<https://www.mypronouns.org/they-them>/iel<https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/iel>/Mr. or he/him<https://www.mypronouns.org/he-him>

Architecture Librarian

Musagetes Architecture Library<https://uwaterloo.ca/library/musagetes/>
University of Waterloo School of Architecture

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of ýthe Neutral, Anishnaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The Musagetes Library, and the University of Waterloo are situated on the Haldimand Tract, which the British granted to the Six Nations in 1784 as compensation for their alliance during the American Revolution and for the loss of their traditional territory. We cannot change the past, but we can continue to share in the work of decolonization, reconciliation, and reparations, respectfully following the leadership of Indigenous communities and each other.