Dear colleagues,

In addition to our Blouin Art Sales Index woes and the death of Gordon's Print and Photo Prices (may they rest in peace), NYPL has had issues accessing Invaluable. Our account should be up to date, but the website behaves as if we don't have a subscription. I'm curious if any other libraries have had similar issues.

Additionally, we're re-evaluating our auction database subscriptions in light of all of the ongoing difficulties, so I'd appreciate any recommendations for databases similarly comprehensive in dec arts (is Kovel's worth a look?) and/or fine art sales prior to the mid-1980s (the gap left by ASI).

Many thanks,
Emily

--

Emily Walz
Librarian

The Miriam & Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints, and Photographs

The New York Public Library
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building

476 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10018
212.930.0893 | x20893