Good Afternoon ARLIS Colleagues,

Here at Ohio State, we have a project going to determine steps forward in advancing social justice in collections work. To that end, the working group I’m involved with is taking an environmental scan of what others are doing at their institutions to see what might help us implement DEIA initiatives in our institutional collections work. We developed a crowd sourcing survey to gather information in this area and hope that you will participate by sharing any diversity or social justice related work you have done (or that is ongoing or even just starting) at your place of work.

The survey form is here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScVL3bv_oW1zM8IMVGEouGDorFn2dmwxUC2eV2uxpWKzEcnwA/viewform>.

Because we hope that this will help others think through these ideas as well, we are making responses publicly available on this spreadsheet<https://go.osu.edu/sjcoll>.

If you wonder whether we would be interested in what you’re doing, because you don’t know if it quite fits how I’ve described what we’re looking for, the answer is probably YES! But you can email me off list if you’d like any clarifications.

Thanks in advance for contributing!

Warmly,

Courtney Hunt
Art & Design Librarian Assistant Professor
Pronouns: she/her/hers
The Ohio State University Libraries
Fine Arts Library
Wexner Center / Room 040L